how to fix the federal government
All problems in government begin and end with legislation. Our congress proposes and/or passes legislation, our President signs or vetoes legislation into law, our Supreme Court ensures the constitutionality of the legislation or rules against it, bureaucracy implements and enforces the legislation.
A few simple steps would go a long way towards eliminating the corruption which goes along with it.
- Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Require that every bill considered begin with an explanation of how the bill will contribute to the life, liberty or pursuit of happiness of American Citizens – clearly explain the benefits. if it doesn’t benefit us in some way it shouldn’t even be considered, let alone voted on.
- Transparancy. Require that every bill clearly state the name/s of the sponsoring legislator. Require that every bill clearly state the name/s, employers and political contributions to the sponsor of every person who had a hand in writing it. Enforce this requirement with criminal penalties.
- Immigration reform. Impose strict criminal penalties on the employment of illegal aliens. If they can’t work here, they’ll stop coming and those who are here will go somewhere else. Eliminate automatic citizenship for anchor babies – children of non-citizens (tourists, illegals, students, etc.) should not be granted citizenship.
- Implement a flat tax. Discard the entire tax code and replace it with a flat tax on everything except necessities (housing, food, transportation, etc.) paid by everyone (including businesses) at the point of sale.
- Charity begins at home. Until we as a nation are prosperous enough to be charitable again, stop sending money, food, troops etc. to countries which generally don’t appreciate it anyway. If there are those among us who want to help those countries out we can form a public charity and it can contribute to them.
- Equalize trade regulations. Tit for tat. If they tax import of our goods into their countries, we tax their goods when they are imported into our country. By this, I mean tax dollar for tax dollar – if overall they tax our goods (in total) $100 million, we tax their goods (in total) an equal amount.
Require all bills to stand on their own. No earmarks, no riders just the proposed bill.
I take full responsibility for my own opinions, comments and slurs against asshats. I'm just another guy with just another opinion. Although, I may be turning into my father who my mother always said was 'the world's foremost authority."